Cystoscopy is a procedure that allows the doctor to examine the lining of the bladder and the tube that carries urine out of the body. A hollow tube equipped with a lens is inserted into the urethra and slowly advanced into the bladder.
A cystoscope is a thin tube with a camera and light on the end. During a cystoscopy, a doctor inserts this through the urethra (the tube that carries urine out of the bladder) and into the bladder so they can visualize the inside of the bladder.
Magnified images from the camera are displayed on a screen where the doctor can see them.
Why Get Cystoscopy?
This test can help the doctor;
- Check out symptoms like blood in the urine, overactive bladder, incontinence (leaking or peeing when a patient isn’t trying), or pain when peeing
- Diagnose bladder diseases like bladder cancer, bladder stones, and bladder inflammation (cystitis).
- Find cause of frequent tract infections
- Treat conditions — the cystoscope can remove small tumors
- Diagnose an enlarged prostate
Types of Cystoscopy and how they’re carried out
- Flexible Cystoscopy – a thin (about the width of a pencil), bendy cystoscope is used, and the patient stays awake while it’s carried out.
- Rigid Cystoscopy – a slightly wider cystoscope that does not bend is used, and the patient is either put to sleep or the lower half of the body is numbed while it’s carried out.
Flexible cystoscopies tend to be done if the reason for the procedure is just to look inside the bladder. A rigid cystoscopy may be done if a patient needs treatment for a problem in the bladder.
Anyone can have either type of cystoscopy. Ask the doctor or nurse which type a patient is going to have if they are not sure.
What We Offer
We at Almurshidi Medical Tourism will find the best doctors to cater to your needs. We are partnered with a wide network of hospitals and clinics that provide top quality medical experience.
We provide free medical estimates, make medical appointments, and provide several medical opinions if needed at no cost.
For more information contact us at +66822004040 or via WhatsApp