Knee osteoarthritis is caused by the wear and tear of the knee cartilage, which is responsible for protecting and reducing the impact on the bones within the joints.
When a large area of the knee is affected the bones in the knee joint will rub together causing inflammation and pain.
Common cause of knee osteoarthritis are;
- Gender and age; as we grow older our body’s ability to repair cartilage is reduced. Women over the age of 50 are at higher risk of having knee osteoarthritis than men that are at the same age.
- Previous knee injuries
- Overuse of the knees or assuming positions which can put a strain on the knees
- Arthritic conditions, such as rheumatoid arthritis or gout, which have an effect to the cartilage to the extent that it is completely worn away
Knee Joint Replacement
Knee replacement is removing part or all of the damaged knee joint and inserting a plastic, metal, ceramic, or a combination of these materials to replace the damaged joint.
Joint replacements are done to treat damaged arthritis to the knees or hips and helps in reducing the pain caused by knee osteoarthritis.
Places where knee joint replacement can be placed;
- Lower end of the thigh bone
- Upper end of the shin bone, which is the large bone in your lower leg
- Back side of your kneecap
What We Offer;
Almurshidi Medical Tourism will find the best doctors and hospitals for you to perform knee joint replacement with our wide network of partnered hospitals and clinics.
We provide free medical estimates, make medical appointments and provide several medical opinions if needed at no cost.
For more information contact us at +66822004040 or via Whatsapp https://wa.me/66822004040