Laparoscopy can be used to help diagnose a wide range of conditions that develop inside the abdomen or pelvis. It is also used to carry out surgical procedures, such as removing a damaged or diseased organ, or removing a tissue sample for further testing or biopsy.
It is most commonly used in;
- Gynaecology – the study and treatment of conditions affecting the female reproductive system
- Urology – the study and treatment of conditions affecting the urinary system
- Gastroenterology – the study and treatment of conditions affecting the digestive system
Laparoscopy is widely used to diagnose many different conditions and investigate certain symptoms such as;
- Endometriosis – wherein small pieces of the womb lining are found outside the womb
- Ovarian Cyst – it a fluid-filled sac that develops on a woman’s ovary
- Fibroids – non-cancerous tumours that grow in or around the uterus
- Female Infertility
- Primary infertility – where someone who’s never conceived a child in the past has difficulty conceiving
- Secondary Infertility – where someone has had 1 or more pregnancies in the past, but is having difficulty conceiving again
- Appendicitis – a painful swelling of the appendix
- Unexplained pelvic or abdominal pain
Laparoscopy can also help in diagnosing cancer such as;
- Liver Cancer – it is a cancer begins in the cell of the liver
- Ovarian Cancer – it is when abnormal cells in the ovary begin to multiply out of control and form a tumor
- Cancer of the Gallbladder – it is a disease in which malignant cancer cells form in the tissues of the gallbladder
- Pancreatic Cancer – it is a cancer that forms in the cells of the pancreas. It begins in the tissues of the pancreas.
- Cancer of the Bile Duct – it is a rare disease in which malignant cancer cells form in the bile ducts. Sign of bile duct cancer include jaundice and pain in the abdomen
Laparoscopic surgery or minimally invasive surgery is a modern surgical technique which is more advantageous than the more common open procedure. These include reduced pain due to smaller incisions, reduced hemorrhaging and shorter recovery time.
Laparoscopes have two types: a telescopic rod lens system which is usually connected to a video camera or a digital laparoscope where a miniature digital video camera is placed at the end of the laparoscope , eliminating the rod lens system.
What We Offer:
We at Almurshidi Medical Tourism will find the best doctors and hospitals to cater to your needs with our wide network of partnered hospitals and clinics providing top quality medical experience.
We provide free medical estimates, make medical appointments , and several medical opinions if needed at no cost.
For more information contact us at +66822004040 or via WhatsApp https://wa.me/66822004040