What is Breast Implant Removal Surgery?
The goal of breast implant removal surgery is to remove breast implants from breast augmentation or breast reconstruction patients. During these procedures, the surgeon may also remove silicone material from implant leaks and the breast capsule, which is the scar tissue that forms after the placement of a breast implant.
Pros of Breast Implant Removal
- Mammograms – depending on the placement of the breast implants, they can make the mammograms difficult. The type of breast implant, such as silicone or saline, will also affect the results of the mammogram.
- Pain will be Reduced – larger implants lead to shoulder, back and neck pain because of the weight the chest is supporting.
- MRI’s for ruptures – a breast implant no matter the type, always has the possibility of rupturing. MRI’s are an expense that adds up over time, and it’s expensive too.
- Recovery is short – recovery time post surgery is only 2 weeks.
Breast implants are not lifelong devices and it is important to have them exchanged or removed approximately every 10-15 years. This decision is typically based on the individual and the patient’s needs and desires.
Breast Implant Removal Consultation
During the consultation the doctor will discuss the following;
- Surgical goals
- Medical conditions, drug allergies and medical treatments
- Current medications, vitamins, herbal supplements, alcohol, tobacco and drug use
- Previous surgeries
The plastic surgeon will also;
- Evaluate the general health status and any pre-existing health conditions or risk factors
- Examine the breasts
- Take photographs
- Discuss the options and recommend a course of treatment
- Discuss likely outcomes of breast implant removal surgery and any risks or potential complications
The success and safety of the breast implant removal procedure depend very much on the complete candidness during the consultation. The patient will be asked a number of questions about the health, desires and lifestyle.
Step 1 – Anesthesia; medications are administered for the patients comfort during the surgical procedure. The choices include intravenous sedation and general anesthesia. The doctor and anesthesiologist will recommend the best choice.
Step 2 – Incision; a breast implant removal requires an incision to be placed along the lower fold of the breast (the inframammary fold) or an incision around or below the areola.
Step 3 – The Operation; this will depend on the particular surgery and the surgeon. Often, the breast capsules and implants are removed using a combination of techniques.
Step 4 – Closing the Incisions – sutures, skin adhesives, tapes or clips close the skin incisions.
The breast implant removal will result in a different shape of the breast profile, which may be flatter or droopier than before surgery and have irregularities and/or indentations.
What We Offer
We at Almurshidi Medical Tourism will find the best doctors to cater to your needs. We are partnered with a wide network of hospitals and clinics that provide top quality medical experience.
We provide free medical estimates, make medical appointments, and provide several medical opinions if needed at no cost.
For more information contact us at +66822004040 or via WhatsApp