Nasal and sinus cancer affects the nasal cavity (the space behind the nose) and the sinuses (small air-filled cavities inside the nose, cheekbones and forehead).
It’s a rare type of cancer that most often affects men aged over 40.
Nasal and sinus cancer is different from cancer of the area where the nose and throat connect.
People with nasal cavity or paranasal sinus cancer may experience the following symptoms or signs. However, the cause of a symptom may be a different medical condition that is not cancer.
- Nasal obstruction or persistent nasal congestion and stuffiness, which is often called sinus congestion.
- Chronic sinus infection that do not go away with antibiotic treatment
- Frequent headaches or pain in the sinus region
- Pain or swelling in the face, eyes or ears
- Persistent tearing of the eyes
- Bulging of 1 of the eyes or loss of vision
- Decreased sense of smell
- Pain or numbness in the teeth
- Loosening of teeth
- A lump on the face, nose, or inside the mouth
- Frequent runny nose
- Frequent nosebleeds
- Difficulty opening the mouth
- A lump or sore inside the nose that does not heal
- Unexplained weight loss
- A lump in the neck
There are different types of treatment for patients with paranasal sinus and nasal cavity cancer.
Patients with paranasal sinus and nasal cavity cancer should have their treatment planned by a team of doctors with expertise in treating head and neck cancer.
Three types of standard treatment are used;
- Radiation therapy
What We Offer
We at Almurshidi Medical Tourism will find the best doctors to cater to your needs. We are partnered with a wide network of hospitals and clinics that provide top quality medical experience.
We provide free medical estimates, make medical appointments, and provide several medical opinions if needed at no cost.
For more information contact us at +66822004040 or via WhatsApp