Spine surgery is traditionally done as “open surgery” . This means that the area being operated on is opened with a long incision to allow the surgeon to view and access the anatomy.
In recent years, however, technological advances have allowed more back and neck conditions to be treated with a minimally invasive surgical technique.
In general, the goal of minimally invasive spine (MIS) surgery is to stabilize the vertebral bones and spinal joints and/or relieve pressure being applied to the spinal nerves — often a result of conditions such as spinal instability, bone spurs, herniated discs, scoliosis or spinal tumors.
Benefits of Minimally Invasive Spine Surgery
As opposed to open spine surgery, minimally invasive surgical approaches can be faster, safer and require less recovery time. Because of the reduced trauma to the muscles and soft tissues (compared to open procedures), the potential benefits are;
- Better cosmetic results from smaller skin incisions (sometimes as small as several millimeters)
- Less blood loss from surgery
- Reduced risk of muscle damage, since less or no cutting of the muscle is required
- Reduced risk of infection and postoperative pain
- Faster recovery from surgery and less rehabilitation required
- Diminished reliance on pain medication after surgery
Surgeons can use Minimally Invasive Spine Surgery for some types of spine surgery. These include lumbar discectomy, laminectomy, and spinal fusion.
What We Offer
We at Almurshidi Medical Tourism will find the best doctors to cater to your needs. We are partnered with a wide network of hospitals and clinics that provide top quality medical experience.
We provide free medical estimates, make medical appointments, and provide several medical opinions if needed at no cost.
For more information contact us at +66822004040 or via WhatsApp