Dermovate cream or ointment is popular in Thailand used to treat a severe form of inflammatory skin disorders or allergic reactions to the skin in short courses. It belongs to a class of medicines called topical steroids or corticosteroids. Skin conditions include but are not limited to eczema, psoriasis but excluding widespread plaque psoriasis (psoriasis is a skin condition that causes red, flaky, crusty patches of skin covered with silvery scales), lichen planus (the purple itchy skin rash), discoid lupus erythematosus (chronic skin condition of sores with inflammation and scarring favoring the face, ears, and scalp and at times on other body areas) and other skin conditions which do not respond to other mild steroid medicines of the same class.
Dermovate cream is more suitable for:
- weeping areas of skin,
Dermovate ointment is more suitable for:
- dry, scaly areas of skin.
Dermovate cream and ointment can be used with the following condition:
- Apply to the affected area twice a day, reduce the use as the skin irritation improves
- Ensure that the skin is clean before applying the cream
- Wash your hands after applying the cream
- Avoid direct contact to the eyes, nose, and mouth- rinse with cold water if accidental contact occurs
This reduces the swelling, redness, and itching and so helps prevent scratching that can further irritate the skin.
Direction for use:
Apply and rub Dermovate thinly or only enough to cover the entire affected area once or twice a day until the condition improves and reduce the application to less effective preparation.
Let the area open and not covered with airtight dressing as bandages for this increase the risk of side effects by absorbing the cream or ointment into the body. Unless prescribed by a Doctor to use dressing, you can do so.
Always follow the instructions given by your doctor.
Do not apply on the following conditions:
- Broken skin or open wounds
- Acne rosacea
- Bacterial skin infections, such as impetigo
- Itchy skin where there is no inflammation
- Widespread plaque psoriasis
- Itching around the anus and genitals
- Viral skin infections, such as chickenpox, shingles, cold sores or herpes simplex
- Inflammatory rash around the mouth (perioral dermatitis)
- Fungal skin infections, such as thrush, ringworm, athlete’s foot
- Dry skin to use as moisturizer
- Large areas of the skin longer than the prescribed date
Who can use Dermovate cream or ointment?
- Dermovate is not recommended for children under one year of age
- Pregnant and breastfeeding should consult the doctor before using
Almurshidi Medical Agency offers shipments to any products from Thailand worldwide. For orders, contact us:
Call : +66822004040
Whatsapp : https://wa.me/66822004040