Penta X Syndrome is a chromosomal abnormality in which a female has five X chromosomes instead of the normal two.
The condition is due to problems during the formation of the reproductive cells in a person’s parents. Risk factors include older parents at the time of conception. Diagnosis is suspected based on symptoms and confirmed by chromosomal analysis.
Signs and Symptoms
Signs may include;
- Intellectual disability
- Short height
- Low-set ears
- Decreased muscle tone
- Developmental delay
- Widely spaced eyes with upward slanting palpebral fissures and epicanthal folds
- Short neck
- Broad nose and depressed nasal bridge
- Heart defects
- Surgical correction of certain craniofacial, musculoskeletal, or other malformations
- Those with congenital heart defects, treatment with certain medications, surgical intervention, and/or other measures may be necessary
- Special education, physical therapy, and/or other medical, social, and/or vocational services
What We Offer
We at Almurshidi Medical Tourism will find the best doctors to cater to your needs. We are partnered with a wide network of hospitals and clinics that provide top quality medical experience.
We provide free medical estimates, make medical appointments, and provide several medical opinions if needed at no cost.
For more information contact us at +66822004040 or via WhatsApp