Otoplasty also known as cosmetic ear surgery is a procedure to change the shape, position or size of the ears.
A defect in the ear structure that is present at birth or that becomes apparent with development can be corrected by otoplasty. This procedure can also treat misshapen ears caused by injury. Otoplasty creates a more natural shape while bringing balance and proportion to the ears and face.
Correction of even minor deformities can have profound benefits to appearance and self-esteem. If protruding or disfigured ears bother a person or a child, they may consider plastic surgery.
Different types of Otoplasty
- Ear Augmentation – some may have small ears or ears that haven’t completely developed. In these cases, they may want to have otoplasty to increase the size of their outer ear.
- Ear Pinning – this type of otoplasty involves drawing the ears closer to the head. It’s performed on individuals whose ears stick out prominently from the sides of their head.
- Ear Reduction – macrotia is when the ears are larger than normal. People with macrotia may choose to have otoplasty to reduce the size of their ears.
Generally, ear correction surgery is safe and most people are happy with the results. However there are risks to consider. These can include:
- a bad reaction to the anesthesia
- ears that aren’t symmetrical or have unnatural-looking contours
- scarring at or around the incision sites
- changes in skin sensation, which are typically temporary
- suture extrusion, where the stitches securing the shape of your ears come to the surface of the skin and have to be removed and reapplied
What Happens During Otoplasty;
It usually involves:
- making a small cut behind the ear to expose the ear cartilage
- removing small pieces of cartilage if necessary
- putting stitches at t
- he back of the ear to reshape or position it closer to the head
An otoplasty usually takes 1 to 2 hours. If local anaesthetic is used, you’ll be able to go home the same day.
You may need a bandage around your head to help your ears heal in their new position and protect them from infection.
What We Offer
We at Almurshidi Medical Tourism will find the best doctors to cater to your needs. We are partnered with a wide network of hospitals and clinics that provide top quality medical experience.
We provide free medical estimates, make medical appointments, and provide several medical opinions if needed at no cost.
For more information contact us at +66822004040 or via WhatsApp