Chronic fatigue syndrome (CFS) is a disorder characterized by extreme fatigue or tiredness that doesn’t go away with and can’t be explained by an underlying medical condition. The condition is also known as systemic exertion intolerance (SEID) or myalgic encephalomyelitis (ME). Sometimes it’s abbreviated as ME/CFS.
Signs and symptoms may include;
- Loss of memory or concentration
- Sore throat
- Enlarged lymph nodes in the neck or armpits
- Unexplained muscle or joint pain
- Unrefreshing sleep
- Extreme exhaustion lasting more than 24 hours after physical or mental exercise
Who is at risk for Chronic Fatigue Syndrome
Anyone can get CFS, but it is most common in people between 40 and 60 years old. Adult women have it more often than adult men.
Other factors may include;
- Genetic predisposition
- Environmental factors
The cause of CFS is unknown. Researchers speculate that contributing contributing factors may include;
- A weakened immune system
- Hormonal imbalances
It’s also possible that some people are genetically predisposed to develop CFS.
Treatment for Chronic Fatigue Syndrome aims to relieve the symptoms. The patient’s treatment will depend on how CFS them.
- Cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT)
- A structured exercise programme called graded exercise therapy (GET)
- Medicine to control pain, nausea and sleeping problems
What We Offer
We at Almurshidi Medical Tourism will find the best doctors to cater to your needs. We are partnered with a wide network of hospitals and clinics that provide top quality medical experience.
We provide free medical estimates, make medical appointments, and provide several medical opinions if needed at no cost.
For more information contact us at +66822004040 or via WhatsApp