Nail Fungal Infection is a common condition that begins as a white or yellow spot under the tip of your fingernail or toenail.
If this is left untreated, it will lead to:
- nail discoloration
- thickening and crumbling at the edge of the nail
- keeps on coming back
What are the symptoms of Nail Fungal Infection?
- Distorted in shape
- A dark color, caused by debris building up under the nail
- Smelling slightly foul
- Whitish to yellow-brown discoloration
- Brittle, crumble or ragged
What are the causes?
- reduced blood circulation to the feet
- weakened immune system
- start from athlete’s foot (foot fungus)
- being older
- sweating heavily
- walking barefoot in damp communal areas
- having a minor skin or nail injury
- having diabetes
When to see a doctor?
This condition is difficult to treat so it it advisable to consult your doctor immediately when you experience the above symptoms.
Do not wait until your condition lead you to suffer much. It is always better to prevent than to cure. So once you have observed that something is wrong with your nails, it is always recommended to seek help from a specialist.
For more information, Almurshidi Medical Agency is here to provide you the best hospitals and doctors in Bangkok.
Call : +66822004040
Whatsapp : https://wa.me/66822004040