What is obsessive-compulsive disorder (OCD)? Many are wondering about the obsessive-compulsive disorder. Why is this happening to a person? What are the factors affecting this condition? And a lot more questions.
What is Obsessive-compulsive disorder (OCD)?
Obsessive-compulsive disorder is a disorder in which people have pattern of unwanted thoughts, ideas, recurring, sensations (obsessions) that make them feel push to do something repetitively (compulsions).
How to detect if one has OCD?
- Obsession symptoms
- Needing things orderly and symmetrical
- Aggressive or horrific thoughts about losing control and harming yourself or others
- Unwanted thoughts, including aggression, or sexual or religious subjects
- Fear of contamination or dirt
- Doubting and having difficulty tolerating uncertainty
2. Compulsion symptoms
- Following a strict routine
- Demanding reassurance
- Washing and cleaning
Below are just theories regarding the causes of being OC:
- Genetics – can be inherited from a family member
- Learning – can be learned from watching family members or gradually learned over time
- Biology – it may be a result of changes in your body’s own natural chemistry or brain functions
When to see a doctor?
If someone is experiencing the above-mentioned, and his life has been affected due to the symptoms, you should consult your doctor immediately.
Do not let yourself suffer to this disorder. A lot of specialists are here in Thailand to support and give the care that you need.
We offer free consultations and estimates for you.
For more information, Almurshidi Medical Agency is here to provide you the best hospitals and doctors in Bangkok.
Call : +66822004040
Whatsapp : https://wa.me/66822004040