What is obsessive-compulsive disorder (OCD)? Many are wondering about the obsessive-compulsive disorder. Why is this happening to a person? What are the factors affecting this condition? And a lot more questions.
What is Obsessive-compulsive disorder (OCD)?
Obsessive-compulsive disorder is a disorder in which people have pattern of unwanted thoughts, ideas, recurring, sensations (obsessions) that make them feel push to do something repetitively (compulsions).
How to detect if one has OCD?
- Obsession symptoms
- Needing things orderly and symmetrical
- Aggressive or horrific thoughts about losing control and harming yourself or others
- Unwanted thoughts, including aggression, or sexual or religious subjects
- Fear of contamination or dirt
- Doubting and having difficulty tolerating uncertainty
2. Compulsion symptoms
- Following a strict routine
- Demanding reassurance
- Washing and cleaning
Below are just theories regarding the causes of being OC:
- Genetics – can be inherited from a family member
- Learning – can be learned from watching family members or gradually learned over time
- Biology – it may be a result of changes in your body’s own natural chemistry or brain functions
When to see a doctor?
If someone is experiencing the above-mentioned, and his life has been affected due to the symptoms, you should consult your doctor immediately.
Do not let yourself suffer to this disorder. A lot of specialists are here in Thailand to support and give the care that you need.
We offer free consultations and estimates for you.
Call : +66822004040
Whatsapp : https://wa.me/66822004040