Ovarian cancer is a type of cancer that begins in the ovaries. The female reproductive system contains two ovaries, one on each side of the uterus. The ovaries — each about the size of an almond — produce eggs (ova) as well as the hormones estrogen and progesterone.
Ovarian cancer is when abnormal cells in the ovary begin to multiply out of control and form a tumor. If left untreated, the tumor can spread to other parts of the body. This is called metastatic ovarian cancer.
Early Symptoms of Ovarian Cancer include:
- abdominal bloating, pressure, and pain
- abnormal fullness after eating
- difficulty eating
- an increase in urination
- an increased urge to urinate
Ovarian Cancer can also cause symptoms such as:
- Back pain
- Menstrual irregularities
- Painful intercourse
Types of Ovarian Cancer
- Epithelial tumors, which begin in the thin layer of tissue that covers the outside of the ovaries. About 90 percent of ovarian cancers are epithelial tumors.
- Stromal tumors, which begin in the ovarian tissue that contains hormone-producing cells. These tumors are usually diagnosed at an earlier stage than other ovarian tumors. About 7 percent of ovarian tumors are stromal.
- Germ cell tumors, which begin in the egg-producing cells. These rare ovarian cancers tend to occur in younger women.
- Older Age
- Family history of ovarian cancer
- Estrogen hormone replacement therapy
- Age when menstruation started and ended
- surgery to stage the cancer and remove the tumor
- targeted therapy
- hormone therapy
What We Offer
We at Almurshidi Medical Tourism will find the best doctors and hospitals to cater to your needs. We are partnered with a wide network of hospitals and clinics that provide top quality medical experience.
We provide free medical estimates, make medical appointments and provide several medical opinions if needed at no cost.
For more information contact us at +66822004040 or via WhatsApp