Prostate cancer is a common type of cancer in males, but it is highly treatable in the early stages. It begins in the prostate (a small walnut-shaped gland in men that produces the seminal fluid that nourishes and transports sperm).
Usually prostate cancer grows slowly and is initially confined to the prostate gland, where it may not cause serious harm. However, while some types of prostate cancer grow slowly and may need minimal or even no treatment, other types are aggressive and can spread quickly.
The prostate has various functions, including:
- producing the fluid that nourishes and transports sperm
- secreting prostate specific antigen (PSA), a protein that helps semen retain its liquid state
- helping aid urine control
Symptoms of Prostate Cancer
- difficulty starting and maintaining urination
- a frequent urge to urinate, especially at night
- blood in the urine or semen
- painful urination
- in some cases, pain on ejaculation
- difficulty getting or maintaining an erection
- pain or discomfort when sitting, if the prostate is enlarged
- bone fracture or bone pain, especially in the hips, thighs, or shoulders
- edema, or swelling in the legs or feet
- weight loss
- changes in bowel habits
- back pain
- Family History
Treatment will depend on the stage of the cancer, among other factors.
- Surgery – prostatectomy may be carried out to remove the prostate gland using laparoscopic or open surgery
- Radiation therapy
- Conformal radiation therapy
- Hormonal Therapy
What We Offer
We at Almurshidi Medical Tourism will find the best doctors and hospitals to cater to your needs. We are partnered with a wide network of hospitals and clinics that provide top quality medical experience.
We provide free medical estimates, make medical appointments and provide several medical opinions if needed at no cost.
For more information contact us at +66822004040 or via WhatsApp