Breast cancer is the most common type of cancer in women and second highest in terms of mortality rates. There is also a possibility in men to develop breast cancer although very rare.
It is a cancer that forms in the cells of the breasts. It starts in the tissue of the milk ducts or in the lobules that supply milk to the ducts. When breast cancer is diagnosed at an early stage the chances of successful treatment is greatly increased.
Breast Cancer Symptoms include;
- A newly inverted nipple
- Change in size, shape or appearance of the breast
- Peeling, scaling, crustling or flaking of the pigmented area of skin surrounding the nipple or breast skin
- Redness or pitting of the skin over the breast similar to the skin of an orange
- A breast lump or thickening that feels different from the surrounding tissue
Breast cancer may be inherited if there is a strong family history of breast cancer or other cancers, blood tests may be recommended to help identify specific mutations in the genes that are being passed down through the family.
There are factors that are associated with an increased risk of breast cancer
- Radiation Exposure – if radiation treatments to the chest as a child or young adult was received, the risk for breast cancer is increased
- Being Female – women are more likely to develop breast cancer than men
- Age – the risk for breast cancer increases as we age
- Obesity – being obese increases the risk
- Beginning period at a younger – those who begin their period before the age of 12 have a higher risk of developing breast cancer
- Having never been pregnant – women who have never been pregnant have a higher risk
- Drinking Alcohol – drinking alcohol increases the risk of breast cancer
- Inherited genes that increase cancer risk – certain gene mutations that increase the risk of breast cancer can be passed from parents to children
Breast cancer can be diagnosed by breast exam, mammogram, breast ultrasound, removing a sample of breast cells for testing and getting breast magnetic resonance imaging or MRI.
Available treatments for breast cancer
- Breast Surgery
- Removing the breast cancer “Lumpectomy”
- Removing the entire breast “Mastectomy”
- Removing several lymph nodes “Axillary Lymph Node Dissection”
- Removing both breasts
- Radiation therapy
- Hormone therapy
- Targeted therapy drugs
- Supportive “Palliative” care
What We Offer
Almurshidi Medical Tourism will find the best doctors and hospitals to cater to your needs with our wide network of partnered hospitals and clinics that provides top quality medical treatment experience.
We provide free medical estimates, make medical appointments, and provide several medical opinions if needed at no cost.
For more information contact us at +66822004040 or via WhatsApp https://wa.me/66822004040