Bronchitis is an inflammation of the lining of the bronchial tubes, which carry air to and from the lungs. People who have bronchitis often cough up thickened mucus, which can be discolored. Bronchitis may be either acute or chronic.
Acute bronchitis, also called a chest cold, usually improves within a week to 10 days without lasting effects, although the cough may linger for weeks. However, if there are repeated bouts of bronchitis, there is a possibility for chronic bronchitis, which requires medical attention.
Chronic bronchitis is one of the conditions included in chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD).
Signs and symptoms of both acute and chronic bronchitis include:
- Persistent cough, which may produce mucus
- Sore throat
- Body aches
- Feeling of tightness in the chest
- Blocked nose and sinuses
- Low fever and chills
A person with bronchitis may have a cough that lasts for several weeks or even a few months if the bronchial tubes take a long time to heal fully.
- Long-term exposure to other lung irritants
- Gastric Reflux
Acute bronchitis is usually caused by viruses, typically the same viruses that cause colds and flu (influenza). Antibiotics don’t kill viruses, so this type of medication isn’t useful in most cases of bronchitis.
The most common cause of chronic bronchitis is cigarette smoking. Air pollution and dust or toxic gases in the environment or workplace also can contribute to the condition.
- Lifestyle Change
- Quitting smoking if a smoker
- Avoiding secondhand smoke and placed where breathing other lung irritants is possible
- Getting an eating plan that will meet all nutritional needs
- Oxygen therapy – if you have severe chronic bronchitis and low levels of oxygen in the blood.
- Pulmonary rehabilitation – helps improve the well-being of people who have chronic breathing problems it may include;
- An exercise program
- Disease management training
- Nutritional counseling
- Psychological counseling
- Lung transplant – the last resort for people who have severe symptoms that have not gotten better with medicines.
To receive the appropriate treatment for Bronchitis you will need to find the right doctors and hospitals to cater to your needs
What We Offer
We at Almurshidi Medical Tourism will find the best doctors to cater to your needs. We are partnered with a wide network of hospitals and clinics that provide top quality medical experience.
We provide free medical estimates, make medical appointments, and provide several medical opinions if needed at no cost.
For more information contact us at +66822004040 or via WhatsApp