The world has been difficult to deal with for the past years of our lives due to COVID-19. Many have died including our love ones, some have lost their jobs, others have been frustrated and a lot of people have suffered to what is so-called “depression”.
“Smiling has always been easier than explaining why you’re sad”
What is depression?
Depression and sadness/grief are always being thought as the same condition. However, these have different definition. And to understand the difference, one must know that:
- In sadness, thoughts of death may occur when thinking of deceased loved one while depression, thoughts are focused on ending one’s life due to feeling worthless
- When you are in grief, painful feelings come but intermixed with positive memories of the deceased while the later , mood are decreased for most of two weeks.
- In sorrow, self-esteem is usually maintained while another, the feelings of worthlessness and self-loathing are common.
Why is this happening to a person?
Several factors can play a role in this condition:
- Genetics which can inherit from the family members
- Personality refers to the people with low self-esteem
- Environmental factors is when exposure to violence, neglect, abuse or poverty
- Biochemistry is the differences in certain chemicals in the brain occur
Can this be treated?
Yes, this is the most treatable among the mental disorders with the help of the following:
- Electroconvulsive Therapy (ECT)
Aside from the medical treatment mentioned, regular exercise may help create positive feeling and improves mood. Having sufficient quality of, eating a healthy diet and avoiding alcohol can also help reduce symptoms of depression.
Call : +66822004040
Whatsapp : https://wa.me/66822004040