Kidney cancer is a disease that starts in the kidneys. It happens when the healthy cells in one or both kidneys grow out of control and form a lump (called tumor).
Renal Cell Carcinoma is the most common type of kidney cancer in adults – about 90 percent of cancerous types of cancerous tumors. Other less common types of kidney cancer can occur. Young children are more likely to develop a kind of kidney cancer called Wilms’ tumor.
Renal Cell Carcinoma most often begins in the lining of tiny tubes in the kidney (called “renal tubules”). The renal tubules clean the blood and make urine. Renal cell cancer often stays within the kidney, but it may spread to other parts of the body, most often the bonus, lungs, or brain.
There are many different types of renal cell carcinoma. The most common types are called clear-cell, chromophobe, and papillary renal cell carcinoma.
Symptoms of Kidney Cancer
- Blood in the pee – pee may be darker than usual or reddish in color
- A persistent pain in the lower back or side, just below the ribs
- A lump or swelling in the side (although kidney cancer is often too small to feel)
Causes of Kidney Cancer
- Obesity – a body mass index (BMI) of 30 or more
- Family History – those who have a close relative with kidney cancer is more likely at higher risk
- Smoking – those who smoke have greater risk of kidney cancer
- High blood pressure
- Some inherited genetic conditions
- Long-term dialysis – a treatment for chronic kidney disease where a machine does some of the jobs of the kidneys
Treatments for Kidney Cancer
- Surgery to remove part or all of the affected kidney
- Biological therapies
What We Offer
We at Almurshidi Medical Tourism will find the best doctors and hospitals to cater to your needs. We are partnered with a wide network of hospitals and clinics that provide top quality medical experience.
We provide free medical estimates, make medical appointments, provide several medical opinions if needed at no cost.
For more information contact us at +66822004040 or via WhatsApp