Lung diseases are some of the most common medical conditions in the world. Smoking, infections, and genes cause most lung diseases.
Lung disease is any problem in the lungs that prevents the lungs from functioning properly. There are three main types of lung disease:
- Airway Diseases – these diseases affect the tubes (airways) that carry oxygen and other gases into and out of the lungs. They usually cause a narrowing or blockage of the airways. Airway diseases include asthma, COPD and bronchiectasis. People with airway diseases often say they feel as if they’re “they’re trying to breathe out through a straw”.
- Lung Tissue Diseases – these diseases affect the structure of the lung tissue. Scarring or inflammation of the tissue makes the lungs unable to expand fully (restrictive lung disease). This makes it hard for the lungs to take in oxygen and release carbon dioxide. People with this type of lung disorder often say they feel as if they are “wearing a too-tight sweater or vest.” As a result, they can’t breathe deeply. Pulmonary fibrosis and sarcoidosis are examples of lung tissue disease.
- Lung Circulation Diseases – these diseases affect the blood vessels in the lungs. They are caused by clotting, scarring, or inflammation of the blood vessels. They affect the ability of the lungs to take up oxygen and release carbon dioxide. These diseases may also affect heart function. An example of a lung circulation disease is pulmonary hypertension. People with these conditions often feel very short of breath when they exert themselves.
The most common lung diseases include:
- Lung cancer
- COPD (chronic obstructive pulmonary disease)
- Swelling and inflammation in the main passages 9bronchial tubes) that carry air to the lungs (Bronchitis)
- Pulmonary Embolus
- Pulmonary Edema
- Lung Infection
Treatments and Therapies
- Chest Tube Insertion
- Quick-Relief Medications for Lung Disease Symptoms
- Pulmonary Lobectomy
- Chest Tube Thoracostomy
- Long-Term Control Medications for Lung Disease Symptoms
What We Offer
We at Almurshidi Medical Tourism will find the best doctors and hospitals that is suitable for your needs. We are partnered with a wide network of hospitals and clinics that provide top quality medical experience.
We provide free medical estimates, make medical appointments and provide several medical opinions if needed at no cosr.
For more information contact us at +6682004040 or via WhatsApp