Countless neurological disorders are presently affecting people’s lives, limiting their mobility and lifestyle.
Neurological disorders are diseases of the central and peripheral nervous system. To be specific it affects the brain, spinal cord, cranial nerves, peripheral nerves, nerve roots, autonomic nervous system, neuromuscular junction and muscles.
Examples of Neurological Disorders;
- Asperger Syndrome – is an autism spectrum disorder (ASD) wherein one of the distinct group of neurological conditions characterized by greater or lesser degree of impairment in language and communication skills as well as repetitive or restrictive pattern of thought and behavior.
- Alzheimer’s Disease – it is an age-related, non-reversible brain disorder that develops over the years. Patients diagnosed with Alzheimer’s disease experience memory loss and confusion, which may be confused with the kinds of memory changes associated with the normal aging. The symptoms gradually lead to behavior and personality changes, a decline in cognitive abilities such as decision-making and language skills, and problems recognizing family and friends.
- Autism – it is the most common condition in a group of developmental disorders or ASDs. Autistic children have difficulties with social interactions, display problems with verbal and nonverbal communication, and exhibit repetitive behaviors or narrow, obsessive interests.
- Back Pain – acute or short-term low back pain generally lasts from a few days to a few weeks. Most acute back pain is the result of trauma to the lower back or a disorder such as arthritis. Pain from trauma may be caused by sports injury, work around the house or in the garden, or a sudden jolt such as a car accident or other stress on spinal bones and tissues.
- Bell’s Palsy – it is a form of temporary facial paralysis resulting from damage or trauma to one of the facial nerves. It is the most common cause of facial paralysis. It generally affects only one of the facial nerves and one side of the face, however, in rare cases, it can affect both sides.
- Parkinson’s Disease – it belongs to a group of conditions called motor system disorders, which are the result of the loss of dopamine-producing brain cells. Primary symptoms are tremor, or trembling in hands, arms, legs, jaw and face; rigidity, or stiffness of the limbs of the limbs and trunk; bradykinesia, or slowness of movement; and postural instability, or impaired balance and coordination.
- Multiple Sclerosis – it an unpredictable disease of the central nervous system, it can range from relatively benign to somewhat disabling to devastating, as communications between the brain and other parts of the body are disrupted.
- Migraine – it is an intense pulsing or throbbing pain in one area of the head. A migraine is diagnosed by its pain and number of attacks (lasting 4-72 hours if untreated), including nausea and/or vomiting, or sensitivity to both light and sound.
Several treatments are available when treating neurological disorders. Some are curable, some can only be treated but not entirely cured
Treatments for Neurological Disorder
- Deep Brain Stimulation – it is an advanced form of brain surgery that was developed to treat adults with Parkinson’s disease. It can also help those suffering from essential tremors, tremors associated with multiple sclerosis and severe depression.
- Gamma Knife Radiosurgery – it is an advanced radiation treatment for small to medium-size brain tumors, abnormal blood vessel formations called arteriovenous malformations and other neurological conditions.
- Vagal Nerve Stimulation – it is a treatment used to reduce the frequency and intensity of seizures when medications aren’t effective.
Getting treatment for neurological disorder is a crucial process as the treatment being given must be compatible and effective to the patient.
What We Offer:
We at Almurshidi Medical Tourism will find the best doctors and hospitals to cater to your needs, we have partnered with a wide network of hospitals and clinics that provide top quality medical experience.
We provide free medical estimates, make medical appointments and provide several medical opinions if needed at no cost.
For more information contact us at +66822004040 or via WhatsApp https://wa.me/66822004040