Cancer is the term used to describe the disease that results when cellular changes cause the uncontrolled division of cells.
There are different types of cancer; certain forms of cancer result in visible growths called tumors, while others, such as leukemia, do not.
Types of Cancer
- Breast Cancer – it is a type of cancer that starts in the breast, cancer cells usually form a tumor or felt as a lump.
- Colorectal Cancer – colorectal cancers start as a growth on the inner lining of the colon or rectum.
- Lung Cancer – it typically starts in the cells lining the bronchi and parts of the lungs such as the bronchioles or alveoli.
- Prostate Cancer – it begins when cells in the prostate gland start to grow out of control, the prostate is the gland found only in males it makes some of the fluid that is part of semen.
- Skin Cancer – basal and squamous cell skin cancer are the most common types of skin cancer. Most skin cancer starts in the top layer of skin called “epidermis”.
- Acute Lymphocytic Leukemia – it is a cancer that starts in cells that would normally develop into different types of blood cells. Oftentimes, leukemia starts in early forms of white blood cells, but some leukemia starts in other blood cell types.
- Bone Cancer – primary bone tumors start in the bone itself and are called sarcoma. Sarcomas are malignant tumors which means they are cancer.
There are many types of cancer treatment. Treatment varies depending on the type of cancer, other cancer patients only have one particular treatment while others have a combination of treatments to fight cancer.
- Surgery – it is a procedure in which a surgeon will remove the cancer from the body.
- Radiation Therapy – it uses high doses of radiation to kill cancer and shrink tumors
- Chemotherapy – it is a treatment that uses drugs to kill cancer cells.
- Immunotherapy – it is a type of cancer treatment that helps the immune system fight cancer
- Targeted Therapy – it is a treatment that targets the changes in cancer cells that help them grow, divide, and spread.
- Hormone therapy – it is a treatment that slows or stops the growth of breasts and prostate cancers that use hormones to grow.
- Stem Cell Transplant – it is a procedure that restores blood-forming stem cells in cancer patients who have had theirs destroyed by very high doses of chemotherapy or radiation therapy.
Knowing you have cancer can discourage and sometimes take away the hope of living a long life as it is perceived to be incurable.
Be positive as in this time and age technological advances have made it possible for cancer to be treatable especially if discovered and treated in its early stages.
Many cancer patients alike have been treated and are now living a cancer free life, healthy diet and lifestyle contributes a lot to treating and curing cancer.
What We Offer:
We at Almurshidi Medical Tourism will find the best doctors and hospitals to cater to your needs; we have partnered with a wide network of hospitals and clinics that provide top quality medical experience.
We provide free medical estimates, make medical appointments and provide several medical opinions if needed at no cost.
For more information contact us at +66822004040 or via WhatsApp https://wa.me/66822004040