“It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men.”
One of the most exciting milestone for a married couple is having their own baby. With all stuff being prepared before their soon-to-be replica has arrived. However, it is also most worrying stage of their lives, too, wondering if a health baby will come out of their way.
Most newborns do arrive in good health, but about one percent of babies are born with congenital heart defects (CHD). Serious congenital heart disease usually becomes clearly evident soon after birth.
Signs and symptoms include:
- Shortness of breath during feedings, leading to impaired development
- Pale gray, purple or blue skin color and fingernails (cyanosis)
- Rapid breathing
How can we prevent congenital heart defects?
Congenital heart defects can be detected through a variety of methods:
- Prenatal detection during pregnancy
- Signs and symptoms at birth
- Oxygen saturation screening after 24 hours
- Once the baby goes home
- During a check-up
What are the treatments for congenital heart defects?
There certain kind of congenital heart defects which are structural abnormalities of the heart’s walls, valves and arteries that are present at birth. And these can be treated thru the following
- cardiac catherization
- use of a pacemaker or other device
- combination of the above treatment
Call : +66822004040
Whatsapp : https://wa.me/66822004040