Cleft lip and cleft palate are openings or splits in the upper lip. Cleft lip and cleft palate result when facial structures that are developing in an unborn baby don’t close completely.
What are the causes?
- when tissues in the baby’s face and mouth don’t fuse properly
- caused by an interaction of genetic and environmental factors
- exposure to certain substances during pregnancy
- being obese during pregnancy
- having diabetes
What are the symptoms of cleft palate?
- Lip split that appears as only a small notch in the lip or extends from the lip through the upper gum and palate into the bottom of the nose
- A split in the roof of the mouth that doesn’t affect the appearance of the face
- A split in the lip and roof of the mouth (palate) that affects one or both sides of the face
How to treat this condition?
- Consider genetic counseling
- Don’t use tobacco or alcohol
- Take prenatal vitamins
It is sad to see someone is being bullied due to this condition, so it is advisable to treat this instead of leaving it as it is.
Call : +66822004040
Whatsapp : https://wa.me/66822004040