Sleep Test (Sleep Study) is a non-invasive, overnight exam/test to observe the body’s work while sleeping. examination results help diagnose the disease and assess the severity of the disease such as obstructive sleep apnea, spasm of various muscles and abnormal behaviour during sleep. The information obtained will be considered the planning or monitoring the treatment correctly.
WHEN SHOULD UNDERGO SLEEP TEST?
- Abnormal Snoring
- Feeling very sleepy during the day, abnormally despite getting enough sleep at night
- Startled and tired at night
- Abnormal behaviours while sleeping such as jiggling, grinning, sleepwalking and nightmares
PREPARATION BEFORE EXAMINATION
- Take shower, wash hair thoroughly. (Don’t use hair oil)
- No Sleep during the day, if it is not something that has been done regularly.
- About 5 hours before the examination, patient should drink less water. Have dinner before checking.
- Refrain from drinking alcohol 24 hours before examination.
- Refrain from drinking tea, coffee, softdrinks, at least 12 hours before the examination.
- If there are medications that need to take for regular basis, consult the doctor.
- Men should shave before the exam. Women should refrain from make up and nail polish.
- Prepare personal items such as toothpaste, toothbrush for morning cleansing. Do not bring jewelries or valuable items.
- For this examination, patient have to stay overnight.
- There is a device attached to monitor body changes during the exam.
- During exam, there is a video recording, to observe the sleeping posture and behavioral disorders that may occur while sleeping.
- In the control room, computer will receive signals sent from the patient such as brain waves, breathing, oxygen in the blood etc.
- This test is just a natural signal in the human body like breathing in-out, rolling eyes while sleeping, movement of the chest, snoring etc.
- Attaching equipment to receive electrical signals.
The examination dont have any complications or hazards. But may cause discomfort while sleeping due to the pull of the straps. But most patients can still normally. Patients with history of plaster allergy should inform the doctor before receiving the examination.
For more details and inquiries please contact us: email@example.com or line/instagram: almurshidiMED or whats app +66 822 004 040.