Speech language therapy is the treatment for most kids with speech and/or language disorders. A speech disorder refers to a problem with making sounds.
Speech and Language Disorders include:
- Fluency Disorder – these include problems such as stuttering, in which the flow of speech is interrupted by unusual stops, partial-word repetitions or prolonging sounds and syllables.
- Resonance of Voice Disorders – these are problems with the pitch, volume, or quality of the voice that distract listeners from what’s being said. These types of disorders may also cause pain or discomfort for a child when speaking.
- Articulation Disorders – these are problems with making sounds in syllables, or saying words incorrectly to the point that listeners can’t understand what’s being said.
- Receptive Disorders – having trouble with understanding and processing what others say.
- Expressive Disorders – problems with putting words together, having limited vocabulary, or being unable to use language in a socially appropriate way.
- Cognitive-Communication Disorders – having trouble with communications skills that involve memory,attention, perception, organization, regulation, and problem solving
Speech Therapy for Children
Speech therapy will take place in a classroom or small group, or one-on-one, depending on the speech disorder. Speech therapy exercises and activities vary depending on the child’s disorder, age, and needs.
Speech Therapy may Include
- Providing strategies and homework for the child parent or caregiver on how to do speech therapy at home
- Model correct sounds and syllables for a child during age-appropriate play to teach the child how to make certain sounds.
- Interact through talking and playing, and using books, pictures and other objects as part of language intervention.
Speech Therapy for Adults
Speech therapy for adults begins with assessment to determine the needs and the best treatment. Speech therapy exercises for adults can help with speech, language, and cognitive behavior.
Exercises May Involve
- Breathing exercises for resonance
- Problem solving, memory, and organization, and other activities geared at improving cognitive communication
- Controversial tactics to improve social communication
What We Offer
Almurshidi Medical Tourism will find the best doctors and clinics to cater to your needs. We are partnered with a wide network of hospitals and clinics that provide top quality medical services.
We provide free medical estimates, make medical appointments and provide several medical opinions if needed at no cost.
For more information contact us at +66822004040 or via WhatsApp