UPPER GI ENDOSCOPY or GASTROSCOPY. A slim flexible tube with a light on the end is gently passed from your mouth into your stomach. Pictures from the tube are shown on a TV monitor and a clear view of your gullet, stomach and duodenum can be seen.
COLONOSCOPY. This is an examination of the large bowel using a long, flexible tube called a Colonoscope. The tube allows the colon to be viewed directly and for pictures of the lining and samples of the tissues to be taken.
BEFORE THE PROCEDURE
- Blood tests are sometimes required.
- Medications can be given by vein if needed.
- Please arrange for a ride home.
- Upper endoscopy: No food or drink is allowed for six hours before the procedure.
- Colonoscopy: Drink only clear liquids for at least 24 hours before the procedure.
An upper endoscopy /gastroscopy takes approximately 10 to 15 minutes. A colonoscopy takes approximately 15 to 30 minutes. Patients remain in the recovery area 30 to 40 minutes after their procedure
For your inquiries and concerns contact us now!
whats app: +66822 004 040