“The brave man is not he who does not feel afraid, but he who conquers that fear.”
The fear can be of a specific place, situation, or object. Unlike anxiety disorders, a phobia is usually connected to something certain.
Phobia is an uncontrolled and illogical fear reaction. You may experience a deep sense of dread or panic when you encounter the source of your fear.
What are the causes of phobia?
Phobia occurs because of some of the following conditions:
- Children who have a close relative with anxiety disorder
- Genetic and environmental factors
- Distressing events, such as nearly drowning
- Exposure to confined spaces
- Extreme heights
- Insect Bites
Common phobias are:
- Agoraphobia – a fear of places or situations that you can’t escape from
- Social phobia – extreme worry about social situations and it can lead to self-isolation
- Glossophobia – fear of speaking in front of an audience
- Acrophobia – fear of heights
- Claustrophobia – a fear of enclosed or tight spaces
- Aviophobia – is a fear of flying
What are the symptoms of phobia?
- rapid speech or inability to speak
- elevated blood pressure
- trembling or shaking
- a choking sensation
- a sense of impending doom
- dry mouth
- shortness of breath
Is phobia treatable?
Yes, treatment for phobias can involve therapeutic techniques, medications, or a combination of both. Almurshidi Medical Agency will provide you the best hospitals to provide the care for your phobia.
For more information and inquiries, please contact us:
Call : +66822004040
Whatsapp : https://wa.me/66822004040