Our family is the most important unit in our lives. Within the family, we acquire socialization for life outside the family, and acts as the primary source of attachment, nurturing, and socialization for human. Family maintain our well-being.
However, within the family, we cannot escape to certain problems like having hereditary diseases. We all know that genetics is a major factor affecting health. Some of the diseases may be caused by:
- changes in the DNA sequence, partial or whole, resulting in abnormal DNA sequences
- genetic mutations or germline mutations, passed on to offspring, such as cystic fibrosis and certain cancers
- damage to chromosomes
Common genetic disorders are:
- Sickle cell disease
- Polycystic kidney disease
- Cystic fibrosis
- Huntington’s disease
- Color blindness (Color vision deficiency)
- Down syndrome
How can we prevent Genetic Disorders?
- Diagnosis and consultation
- Disease screening and risk assessment for inherited diseases and pharmacogenetic testing for drug selection, dose adjustment, and drug allergy prevention
- Provide genetic analysis services to detect abnormal chromosomes as well as abnormal genes
- Genetic Testing – a proactive approach we use is genetic testing, emphasizing disease prevention
- Predict future health conditions, enabling proper planning to prevent certain serious diseases
How does genetic testing procedure work?
- Sample collection: Blood or saliva collection at the hospital or at home with telemedicine and home services
- Lab work: Samples sent to the lab for testing
- Analysis: interpretations of test results by skilled medical geneticists
- Counseling session: meeting with medical geneticists regarding test results
- If the results are inconclusive or positive (few weeks for the result), medical geneticists will provide interpretations of the results and suggestions for further steps, or possibly make a referral to particular specialists.
For more information and inquiries, please contact us:
Call : +66822004040
Whatsapp : https://wa.me/66822004040