A lot of hospitals in Thailand provide comprehensive cancer care and treatment by a multidisciplinary team of cancer specialists. This is one of the reasons why many foreign nationals are coming here to treat their illness especially those cancer patients.
What are the treatments for cancer patients?
- Radiotherapy or Radiation Therapy – this therapy uses radiation to control the cancer cells. To minimize the side effects of radiation, a new technique which is known as IMRT or Intensity Modulated Radiation Therapy was invented.
- Chemotherapy – this therapy is intended for those patients who don’t want to undergo major surgery. This is used to shrink the cancer mass until it is small enough to be removed by minor surgery.
- Stem Cell Transplantation – This is usually used to treat leukemia, aplastic anemia, lymphoma, and bone marrow cancer
- Immunotherapy – this enhances the immune system of the patients with the help of vaccines, T-cell engineering, or monoclonal antibodies to fight the illness.
- Surgery – the traditional way to treat cancer patients which is still used today. This is normally given at the first phase of treatment to prevent the spread of cancer cells.
- Hormonal Therapy – this treatment is for prostate cancer, thyroid cancer, and breast cancer as this lowers, increases, or balances the hormone inside the body which slows down the growth of cancer cells.
What are the technologies being used?
- CT Scan, MRI
- Stereotactic Radiosurgery
- Digital Mammogram
What are the best hospitals providing cancer treatment?
The best cancer hospitals in Thailand are offered to you by Almurshidi Medical Agency
How to make an appointment?
Please contact us below:
Call : +66822004040
Whatsapp : https://wa.me/66822004040