What is chemotherapy?
“You beat cancer by how you live, why you live, and in the manner in which you live“
You can choose how to treat your cancer by:
- Radiotherapy or Radiation Therapy
- Stem Cell Transplantation
- Hormonal Therapy
Chemotherapy is a treatment that uses powerful chemicals (drugs) to destroy the cancer cells.
It is most often used to treat cancer that usually works by keeping the cancer cells from dividing, growing, and spreading more cells.
Why does chemotherapy the most often used treatment for cancer?
Most of the patients use this treatment for some reasons like:
- acts as the primary or sole treatment for cancer
- adjuvant therapy- can be used after other treatments, such as surgery
- neoadjuvant therapy – can be used to shrink a tumor so that other treatments (radiation and surgery) can be used
- may relieve signs and symptoms of cancer by killing some of the cancer cells
Aside from cancer, there are other conditions that can be treated by this:
- Immune system disorders
- Bone marrow diseases
How is this given to the patients?
There are different ways on how the chemotherapy is to be given by the patients including:
- drugs used to treat one area of the body
- given directly to the cancer
How long does this treatment take?
6 months or a year is given to the patients or for as long as it works because taking this long might cause side effects. Side effects are too severe to give everyday so the patients should have time to rest and recover. It is always advisable to consult your doctor for the best schedule for you.
Call : +66822004040
Whatsapp : https://wa.me/66822004040