What is Hormone Replacement Therapy (HRT)?
“To control your hormone is to control your life”
This is a medication that replaces the estrogen that woman body stops making during menopause. This medication contains female hormones and commonly used for the patients experiencing hot flashes and vaginal discomfort.
Patients with the above symptoms might benefit to this medication and also those who:
- Need to prevent bone loss or fractures
- Experience early menopause or have estrogen deficiency
However, HRT may not be suitable to patients who:
- with a history of blood clots
- have a history of breast cancer, ovarian cancer, womb cancer
- are pregnant
- have liver cancer
What are the types of hormone replacement therapy?
- Low-dose vaginal products – minimize the amount of estrogen absorbed by the body
- Systemic hormone therapy – used to treat any of the common symptoms of menopause
What are the benefits of this hormone replacement therapy?
- Improve skin moisture, reduce skin inflammation, thicker and shinier hair
- Increase bone density when taken together with calcium and proper exercise
- Enhance concentration and memory
- Reduce depression, fatigue, shiver, difficulty sleeping
How can this therapy be done?
- Hormone replacement after hysterectomy – estrogen alone that helps reduce menopause symptoms, and is available in tablet, gel and patch forms
- Hormone replacement for women with their uterus – a combination of estrogen and progesterone which is divided into:
- Continuous combined regimen – for those who have been in menopause for more than 1 year
- Cyclic regimen – recommended for women in transition years or the early stages of menopause
Call : +66822004040
Whatsapp : https://wa.me/66822004040